Monday, May 2, 2016

Isn't mitosis just a schism on a cellular level?

See... it's like the Biology EOC test AND our class schism.
How cool is that? 
Did you miss us? 
Okay, this is 100% my fault (that'd be Stanton, by the way). If you noticed absolutely zero blogging last week, that was my fault. Life got the best of me, and I couldn't even. I am truly sorry to our faithful readers out there (especially those of you following us from eastern Europe).
Mr. Stanton < Life
Parting is such sweet sorrow
So, we're officially going through a trial separation. It really is hardest on the kids. But, I think we can reconcile and put aside our differences; maybe sometime around May 13? 
9th graders, you are firmly entrenched in English class-land; 10th graders, you wander the building like the Israelites looking for the Promised Land of a 5. Wait, that makes us Moses. That's a lot of responsibility. Plus, I cannot even read Hebrew. 
Remember, despite the split, CE's roll on, and we all have our Isms Projects due on May 23. We are totes excited about the work you're going to do on these, so don't let us down.
I think this is Virdin's Isms Project from her time at Jasper. 
Our soundtrack this week
In honor of Queen Bee's (that'd be Beyonce for all you heathens out here) concert here in Dallas next Monday night, I thought we'd take a tour of some of the more powerful female vocalists in popular music history. These are the ladies that changed everything. 
There is absolutely no doubt where to start this week. The Queen of Soul... Aretha Franklin. I don't even know where to start with this woman. She was the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame as part of its inaugural class. She is a national treasure. And, she will blow your socks off when she sings. Her voice just breathes fires and drips emotion in every note. You have been warned. Here is my personal favorite, "Chain of Fools". 

1 comment:

  1. I love so much of this...MUSIC THEME! Weird art memes! How did you find that picture of my project?!

    ReplyDelete