Thursday, May 19, 2016

But the thrill we've never known/ Is the thrill that'll getcha/ When you get your picture/ On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

Humanitarians,

I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday, I was so caught up in watching all of my favorite music videos that I plum forgot.

We hope you enjoyed both creating your own Rolling Stone Cover and watching our favorite music videos.

Here are some of what I think to be the best music videos ever:








Today we took our LAST CURRENT EVENT AHHHHHHHHH!!! Until next year fishes, until next year. 

Today we also discussed some film techniques and looked a few examples. Make sure you are familiar with the following terms and their definitions: 
  • Long Shot
  • Medium Shot
  • Close up 
  • Extreme Close up
  • Objective Angle
  • Over-the-Shoulder Angle
  • Subjective Angle
  • Pans
  • Tilts
  • Tracking
  • Dolly/ Crane
I thought the best example of one of these that Ms. Siddiqui put in our ppt was the scene from Silence of the Lambs as an example of Subjective Angle: 


This day in HIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSTORY: 



  • 1536: Anne Boleyn, the second wife of King Henry VIII, was beheaded. 
  • 1588: The 130-ship-strong Spanish Armada set sail for England; it was defeated in August.
  • 1921: Congress passed the Emergency Quota Act, establishing national quotas for immigrants. 
  • 1962: Marilyn Monroe sang "Happy Birthday" to president John F. Kennedy. 

  • 1994: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis died in New York. 


Finally in honor of the number of times my dad has made the blog this week AND throw back thursday I offer this submission of my parents at a formal in college.

the suit, the mustache, the hair. IT'S SO GLORIOUS

See you tomorrow for the most iconic of movie scenes!


- cbg



No comments:

Post a Comment