Monday, October 19, 2015

Peace and Quiet, with the faintest trace of tears


                                                





Good Afternoon Humanitarians,

Whelp, you did it. DBQ is over and done with and all is left to the grading gods (us). Please please don't anger said gods by asking repeatedly if your essay is graded. It's graded when there is a grade in the gradebook (unless I resort to grade darts, in which case you get what you get). Hopefully you feel a tiny bit better than Frodo (also, side conversation, I've never seen this movie so I definitely had to look it up to make sure that was this guy's name):

Not a lot to say then, in the what we did in class today department. If you missed your DBQ, for choir or strep or laziness or whatever, please make sure you make it up ASAP! These take a while to grade so the longer we have it, the better!

Tomorrow, you have a x2 CE. As usual, Stanton did not take any of mine. I submit to you things I thought that you may enjoy reading, installment 2:
Tomorrow, you also have Sundiata due. Embrace this experience to actually read out of the lit book. Also, it should remind you of something....

                                        

Then on Wednesday, some reading out of your WHAP book! Asia! 

Finally, don't forget that in exactly one week from today your Explorer's Expo is due. We are prepared to be amazed. 

In closing, here is some stuff that happened today in history:
  • 1781: British Cornwallis surrendered to Washington at Yorktown, ending the last major battle of the American Revolution
                                 
  • 1812: French troops under Bonaparte began their retreat from Moscow.
  • 1960: The US imposes a partial embargo on goods exported to Cuba. Keep your eye on this; President Obama would like to end the embargo with Cuba, but only Congress has the power to do so.
Look for Raul Castro at the opening of Star Wars, I guess

Hope you had an excellent Monday!

- cbg





7 comments:

  1. The title of this is frighteningly accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to accept criticism, CE or otherwise, from someone WHO HAD TO LOOK UP FRODO'S NAME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^Stanton's comment highlights one of the major factors as to why I don't comment on these blog posts.

    DBQ= Death by Question

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLLYYY????
    You disappoint me Mrs. Garafola, considering that I am a total J.R.R. Tolkien Nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love George Washington memes... This blog was pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love George Washington memes... This blog was pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, I tried to watch one, I really did. I fell asleep. And I couldn't remember who was Bilbo and who was Frodo THEY HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME

    ReplyDelete