Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Outside of elementary schools Valentine's Day is just another day

Humanitarians,

Which is why you had a quiz today. Hope you were able to show off all that knowledge on post-Classical Europe!

Tomorrow, we branch into Post-Classical Asia and the Americas. When we add in the Islamic world (which we learned about last semester) and Europe, that about covers it all!

Couple of reminders:

  1. words for nerds is due Thursday!
  2. We've assigned some new reading! Chapter 14 and pgs. 310-314, pgs. 320-324 are due next Wednesday, 2/22
  3. NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, but don't rub it in too much, we still have to work. 
Since I don't have a lot to add, I bring you Garafola's ranking of breakfast foods, a top-10 list.
  1. Coming in at #1 is, of course, bacon. In all its forms, from turkey to traditional, this is a must have. I don't have any recommendations on where to get it, cause it's good everywhere. 
  2. Sconesssssssssssssssss. Here is the thing with scones. It's hard to find good ones. I used to like Starbuck's scones, but a new recipe came about a few years ago and I have to say it's a downgrade. If you know a good place to get scones, holla. My mom makes excellent scones, so whenever I have a bad hankering, I call Mama Bailey. Also, these scones from World Market are just add water and they are not.bad.at.all. 
  3. Muffins. Obviously, I am all about sweet breakfasts. Good muffins? Dunkin Donuts! I'm not a big donut person, but their muffins are A+. I like muffins because basically they are breakfast cupcakes without frosting and frosting is the worst part of cupcakes. Also, Sprouts has good muffins. 
  4. Bagels! Ok, so let's talk bagels. Einstein's IS NOT THE BEST. It is decent when it's the only thing between you and work and you need a bagel. But for weekend bagels? So many better places. My favs? I like Benny's Bagels (these are franchises, so the one in McKinney is the best) and Cindy's (coit and campbell, the best bagels in DFW).
  5. Biscuits and Gravy. So carbs are clearly are clearly my jam. (haha, breakfast pun). Where can I find the best biscuits in DFW, you ask? The answer is clear: Barbec's by White Rock Lake. They only take cash, but all their breakfast is legit. Nothing however is better than their HUGE biscuits. It's far, but it's so worth it. ALSO, I like to take a run around White Rock Lake and then reward myself with delicious biscuits. It's the perfect start to a weekend. 
  6. Hash. Hash is veggies, potatoes, and a meat, often topped with an egg. Pre-baby, I liked these cause runny eggs are delish. However, until May I'm not allowed to eat them. Plan #1 once I'm not preggo anymore? Grabbing some breakfast hash from Coffee House Cafe at Frankford and Preston. My favorite here is the "Chicken-Apple Sausage Hash". Check it, you won't be disappointed. 
  7. Waffles. I don't know they best place to get these, honestly. My brother owns a chicken and waffles food truck and claims to be #1, but I've never tried it, so I can neither refute nor support this claim. I do like the waffles at my favorite Downtown McKinney breakfast spot, Spoons. They serve it with cinnamon butter, which is A+.
  8. Breakfast Tacos. Obvi. We're in Texas, so all about those breakfast tacos. I really like the breakfast tacos from this little place up by where we live, called Daddy's Tacos. They are cheap, delicious, and conveniently located just north on Independence. 
  9. French Toast. Sometimes this is too sweet for me, but when the craving hits, then yum! Again, check out Spoons for original and Coffee House Cafe for some delish challah french toast. 
  10. Oatmeal. Ok for the longest time (ie my whole life until age 28) I HATED oatmeal. I thought it was super gross and had a weird consistency. Then. My life changed. I tried the Peach Blackberry Oatmeal at Snug on the Square. It's not as watery as most oatmeal and is sooooooo good. So if you are looking for a relatively healthy eating out breakfast, check it. Also, they have wonderful coffee here, which is important. 
Whelp, that's it for today! Hope you had/have a lovely Valentine's Day! Also, Taco Tuesday. Maybe take your date to Daddy's Tacos tonight? See you there!

Image result for valentines day meme
Image result for valentines day meme
Image result for valentines day meme
Image result for valentines day meme
- cbg

Image result for taco tuesday valentines day meme

Image result for taco tuesday valentines day meme

No comments:

Post a Comment