Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Watches get you girls

Grading essays can be hard, amIright? Today you had a taste into what it feels like to be a teacher. As I walked around during your peer editing I heard things like "they wrote this...what the heck are they saying?!" or "Uh, what do I do if they have, like, no evidence?". But I also saw lots of awesome comments going around for beautiful thesis statements, clear organization, and great papers. Sometimes the best way to grow in your writing is to step into the shoes of your teacher (Too bad I wore heels today guys... not the most comfortable shoes. Okay. Bad joke. Sorry. I'll stop. Maybe). We'll keep working on LEQs and general writing skills throughout the year, so more practice to come! Also, we will work on grading these LEQs as soon as we can, but essays can take a while, so give us a little time...we promise they'll come soon! 



Tomorrow we will be heading into the world of Gilgamesh, starting with an introduction to epics. Make sure and read your excerpt from the Epic of Gilgamesh by Thursday. Gettin LIT-y up in this joint (this post is sounding more like a 40 year old mom wrote it by the minute). 

Also, I'm so sorry I didn't have time to put fun stuff today but I PROMISE tomorrow will have some cool stuff. Love you guys, and I am going to leave you with this video

No comments:

Post a Comment