Thursday, March 24, 2016

Work, work, work, work, work, durjkjsdlkjfdur

So how about that hail? Pretty ridiculous.  Plano was like a scene from The Purge this morning with traffic lights out, car accidents, and so forth.  Well, at least we're all here safely as our insurance companies figure out how to tackle the citywide damages.

Today we began our two-day Schism as the ninth graders prepare for the STAAR test and the tenth graders review AP writing.  Tbh, I literally have no idea what the ninth graders did in class today, so I can't speak to that, but I can about to the tenth graders! Here are a few general reminders for my sophomores about effective writing for an AP history course:

  • SAY WHAT YOU MEAN.  Be explicit, concise, and to the point.  Don't waste time with "fluff" and don't make your grader think about what you were trying to say.  There aren't any points for trying.  
  • Know what the question is asking you to write about! Trade refers to the exchange of commodities.  Think potatoes, tomatoes, silver, spices, horses, slaves, rubber, iron, etc. 
  • Understand your AP world regions.  See the map below.

I love when Current Events meets world history. President Obama is visiting Argentina this week.  Here's an interesting article about the historical implications of this visit, courtesy of Mrs. Garafola. 

Rather than posting silly things from the Internet, today I'll leave you with some Cold War themed songs.


We didn't start the fire by Billy Joel, 1989

99 Luftballoons by Nena, 1983


Heroes by David Bowie, 1977


Right Here, Right Now by Jesus Jones, 1990

Okay, I couldn't help myself.  Here's just one image.


And my monthly #tbt for your viewing pleasure:
I look so hardcore. 

Have a wonderful three-day weekend! 


- Warrior Princess Siddiqui (even though I accidentally wrote this on Garafola's account)

3 comments:

  1. Why are you so salty in that picture!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want that photo framed. - this is caitlin, not traci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you may make that same face when you find out the font used on the English staar ppt was comic sans

    ReplyDelete