Wednesday, December 14, 2016

All the Netflix

Hope your 2nd and 3rd period exams went well today! We're almost halfway there! So keep trying; don't give up.  If you're feeling pressed for time, then focus on material that either confuses you the most or material from the beginning of the semester.  Stick to your exam reviews!

Today's entry is about TV show recommendations! Breaks from school are the perfect opportunity to decompress by watching a new show.  So, here are some of my personal favorites:

1. Parks and Recreation
  • Where can you watch it: Netflix or Hulu
  • Who you may know: Amy Poehler of SNL fame, Aziz Ansari, and Chris Pratt (from recent blockbusters like Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World)
  • Why you should watch: The ensemble cast is hilarious! I don't know who I like most - April with her deadpan humor, Ben with his nerdiness, Andy and his lovable stupidity...they all work so well together!

2. Black-ish
  • Where you can watch it: Hulu
  • Who you may know: Anthony Anderson has been around for a while in bit roles and Laurence Fishburne played Morpheus in The Matrix
  • Why you should watch: I'm picky with my family comedies, and I thoroughly enjoyed Modern Family in its early seasons, so Black-ish is kind of a fresh and funny show for me.  There have been literal LOL moments and it finally got some Golden Globe recognition! 
3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Where you can watch it: Hulu
  • Who you may know: Andy Samberg from SNL
  • Why you should watch: It's another great ensemble cast...I had my doubts because I'm not a huge fan of police shows, but the odd mix of characters is pretty funny
4. The Crown
  • Where you can watch it: Netflix
  • Who you may know: Probably no one; they're almost all English actors, with the exception of John Lithgow who plays Churchill
  • Why you should watch: It's Netflix's golden show for the moment! They've nabbed a few Golden Globe nominations.  It's a great drama about the life of Queen Elizabeth II as she comes to power shortly after WWII (some inappropriate language, btw!)
5. Stranger Things
  • Where you can watch it: Netflix
  • Who you may know: Probably no one; the most famous actress is Winona Ryder, who used to be a big actress in the 90's and she earned a Golden Globe nomination for her role in this show
  • Why you should watch it: It's another Netflix darling right now.  It's a great throw back to the adventure moves of the 80's, like The Goonies or E.T. It's a little scary...but then again, I scare easily! 
There are also a bunch of others I love - Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Scrubs, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, to name a few.  Well, I hope I've given you some shows to consider! 

I'm planning to finish up The Crown and perhaps get started on Westworld this break. 

- Ms. Siddiqui



No comments:

Post a Comment